ETSI/Linux Foundation - Edge Hackathon 2022
Driven by LF Edge Akraino and ETSI ISG MEC
Hosted at Edge Computing World, Europe (June ‘22) & Global (October ‘22)
You will be asked to develop an innovative Edge Application or Solution, utilizing ETSI MEC Service APIs and LF Edge Akraino Blueprints. Your solution may include any combination of terminal apps, edge apps or services, and cloud components.
The Edge Hackathon will run remotely from June to September with a short-list of best teams invited to complete with demonstrations and a Hackathon “pitch-off” at the Edge Computing World, Global Event in Santa Clara in the Silicon Valley
Submissions are OPEN!! Final deadline is 29th June 2022
Registration Notification to the teams: 1 July 2022
Enter your team for this competition today!
- Edge Computing provides developers with localized, low-latency resources that can be utilized to create new and innovative solutions, which are essential to many application vertical markets in the 5G era.
- ETSI’s ISG MEC is standardizing an open environment that enables the integration of applications from infrastructure and edge service providers across MEC (Multi-access Edge Computing) platforms and systems.
- LF Edge’s Akraino project offers a set of open infrastructure and application Blueprints for Edge, spanning a broad variety of application vertical use-cases. Each blueprint offers a high-quality full-stack solution that is tested and validated , that are validated by the community.
- The purpose of this Hackathon is to demonstrate an innovative Edge Application or Solution focused on the following application vertical use-cases with supporting ETSI MEC Service APIs and LF Edge Akraino Blueprint resources:
- Automotive: Realize a vehicular use case or service to enable intelligent traffic control, driving capabilities, increased safety, etc.
- Mixed and Augmented Reality: Realize an immersive application enabling interactivity of physical systems and human experiences.
- Edge Computing and 5G: Deploy and use 5G and hybrid edge infrastructure to enable federation for distributed edge applications
However, teams are also encouraged to be creative and propose to develop solutions in other application verticals than these highlighted. We are hoping for some surprises!!