MEC PoC Topics are specific areas where input or feedback from the MEC Proofs of Concept is needed. MEC PoC Topics help to provide guidance to the PoC Teams about the most relevant topics in the ISG MEC, and to increase the relevance of the PoC Contributions to the ISG MEC.
MEC PoC Topics are identified and documented by ISG MEC and are usually related to an ongoing Work Item(s). MEC PoC Topics may include templates for the PoC Contributions and deadlines to ensure that the PoC Contributions arrive on-time to be taken into account by the targeted WIs.
PoC Teams specify the targeted PoC Topic(s) in their PoC Proposal, and commit to provide the expected input or feedback in the requested format (template, if applicable) in a timely manner.
Current Hot Topics
|ID||Hot Topic||Status||WI(s)||PoC Feedback Template(s)||Deadline||Addressed by PoC(s)|
Addressing a Hot Topic in a PoC
1. PoC teams interested in addressing a given hot topic will explicitly reflect it in their PoC Proposal (Section 2.5 – Expected PoC Contribution) by:
• Mentioning the Hot Topic that they want to address
• Committing in the PoC proposal to provide the information requested in the Hot Topic description
• Committing in the PoC proposal to notify the concerned WIs once the expected results are available in the form of a contribution (no need to wait until the final PoC Report is available). Some Hot Topics may provide a template to be filled in as part of this contribution.
• In case a PoC addresses more than one Hot Topic, the above procedure will apply for each of them.
2. The PoC Proposal will follow the regular procedure described in the PoC Framework for its acceptance. During the formal review of the PoC Proposal it will also be checked whether the information requested by the Hot Topic is effectively committed in the PoC Proposal. Once accepted, the PoC will be marked in the wiki as “WORKING on Hot Topic”.
3. On-going PoC Projects can also commit to address a Hot Topic and provide the requested information by submitting a revision of their PoC Proposal according to the above.
Feeding back the results
1. Once experimental results relevant for a given Hot Topic are available, the PoC Team will be in charge of creating a contribution and informing the affected WI (or WIs) and their WGs (if the Hot Topic had a specific template for feedback contributions, it should be used).
2. The WI/WG might require further clarifications to the PoC team until the PoC feedback is considered formally complete and useful for the targeted WI GS.
2. Once the PoC feedback has been completed by the concerned WG/WI, the PoC will be marked in the wiki as “CONTRIBUTOR to Hot Topic”.