MEC Hackathon 2019 Akraino
LF Edge and Akraino are teaming up with ETSI MEC (Muli-access Edge Computing) for a combined hackathon focused on 5G, happening ahead of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America on November 18 in San Diego, CA.
More than 76 developers gathered to participate in the Akraino 5G MEC Hackathon, sponsored by LF Edge, China Mobile Technology, ETSI and ETSI MEC.
- Venue Host: Qualcomm campus in San Diego (US), a breakout venue in Columbia University
- Blueprint/Solution 1: Micro-MEC and ETSI MEC wanted to hack using Micro-MEC platform with API which are compliant to ETSI MEC standard.
- Guide for developers with uMEC at Akraino Hackathon (November 12, 2019):
- Sponsors: Arm, Broadcom, CMTI 5G ICSV, ETSI, Futurewei, MobiledgeX and Tars
- Different blueprints and solutions will be worked through in real time, including: Micro-MEC, AR/VR, 5G MEC edge stack accelerated with SmartNICs, and more.
- For the hackathon competition, we also featured a top prize of $1000 and $500 for the runner-up teams
1st Prize: Team Planet
- See hackathon winners Insights at : https://www.lfedge.org/2020/01/28/akraino-5g-mec-hackathon-winners-insights-and-more/